- 3 Day Gorilla safaris in Rwanda will include cultural tour in Kigali city, visit to Gisozi Genocide Memorial Site and gorilla trekking excursion in Volcanoes National Park. This trip will start and end in Kigali.
Day 1: Arrival in Kigali Airport for your “3 Days Rwanda gorilla safari”
Day 2: City Tour
Day 3: Gorilla trekking Safaris in Volcanoes National park
It is important to book for the gorilla permits months before the activity. Rwanda sells 56 gorilla permits every day because of the gorilla families and their characteristic. Although the number of permits various when some gorilla groups cross to Virungas National Park in Democratic Republic of Congo.
• Susa Group/ Family: this group consists of 41 members, and it is the largest gorilla family. It has 3 silver-backs, several black backs, females and youths. The Family has 5 year old twins called Bysishimo and Impano and thus making this group a dream for every visitor to Volcanoes. This gorilla group travels the slopes of Karisimbi Volcano
• Sabyinyo Family: this group has 8 members with the most gigantic silverback has their leader. This group is the most accessible of all the members
• Amahoro Gorilla Family: – This this group comprises of 17 members under the control of the peaceful Ubumwe. Amahoro is a more active to access compared to Sabyinyo and Group 13
• Kwitonda Gorilla Family: this Family consists of 18 members headed by Kitonda silver back. This group migrated from Democratic Republic of Congo and is the most humble gorilla group. The group contains of 1 black back and 2 silverbacks. They are found in virunga section of the Park and it is difficult to track them as Susa group.
• Group 13 (Agashya) this group contain 25 members. The group got its name; Agashya sine during the time of habituation, the group had only 13 members but now it has 25 members.
• Umubano Gorilla Family: this group has 11 members. The group split from Amahoro group after the dominant silverback was grappled down by Charles, the current leading silverback of Umubano.
• Hirwa Gorilla Family. This group was formed by merging members from Group 13 and Sabinyo.
Day 1: Arrival in Kigali Airport
On your arrival at the Airport, the guide will pick you up and transfer you to the lodge. Sleepover at the Manor Hotel, Kigali
Day 2: City tour
After early breakfast, visit the Gisozi Memorial Ground, the museum, crafts shops and other places which are exciting. After lunch, transfer to Ruhengeri for a sleepover at Mountain Gorilla view Lodge.
Day 3: Gorilla trekking safari
Have early breakfast and leave for briefing to the park headquarters. Gorilla trekking starts at 8:30 am local time. Experience the excitement when you encounter with the gorillas. You will have a full hour with the gorillas, take photos and enjoy.
After, back to the lodge for your transfer to the Airport
End of safari.
Mountain Gorilla View Lodge -Luxury
Mountain gorilla View lodge is one of the lodges found in Rwanda which provides good value and remarkable views of Volcanoes national park.
Sited on the slope of Mt. Sabyingo, the lodge provides an easy access to t Volcanoes National Park. The lodge cottages providing both space and privacy with each cottages having a small lounge with a fire place, a private verandah, shower and en suite facilities. The queen-sized beds are comfortable with individual safe
Manor Hotel Kigali
Manor hotel Kigali offer Conducive atmosphere for relaxation with great food. It is a 4 star hotel located in the expensive neighborhood of Nyarutarama Kigali.
3 Days Rwanda gorilla safari Samuel Makanga